Through conversations with afterschool and summer providers across the state, the Texas Partnership for Out of School Time (TXPOST) and Learn All the Time (LATT) Network identified the need for homegrown high quality resources aligned with the Texas Standards of High Quality Afterschool, Summer and Expanded Learning Programs. The Resource Library will include curriculum, activity guides, videos and other tools provided by youth development programs across Texas just like you.
Who should submit a resource?
Resources should be submitted by OST providers in the state of Texas. Frontline staff, program managers and directors are all encouraged to submit resources.
Who should use the resource library?
The resource library is open to everyone. The resources are tailored to fit the needs of OST providers and making sure they align to Texas Post standards. Whether you are looking for new program ideas or ways to enhance your meeting topics, we have an array of resources to meet your needs!
Research proves high quality afterschool programs generate positive outcomes for children and youth. This recognized need for quality was the catalyst for the development of the TX Standards of High Quality Afterschool, Summer and Expanded Learning Programs. The process of developing the standards is really just the beginning. We now need to make sure that every OST provider in Texas has the opportunity to deliver high quality programming. The launch of this library will support afterschool and summer providers across the state by providing standards aligned, vetted, high quality resources which support staff and programs.
Before you submit your resource does it meet the criteria?
- Designed for OST Programs and providers.
- A stand-alone resources that does not require on-site coaching or training.
- Highly practical, containing clear and readily implementable lessons, trainings, workshops, evaluations, or tips.
- Free or affordable.
- Distributable online as a downloadable resource.
- Evidence-based, (i.e. you can answer the questions, “How do you know it is an effective strategy?”)
- Aligned with a TXPOST Quality Standard
- Does not include unauthorized copyrighted material
- Appropriate media releases if images of youth are used