3001 Industrial Terrace, Austin, TX 78758
Pitch and Pitchers is an opportunity for programs to pitch an innovative idea for Out of School Time (OST) and possibly get funding and support to make it happen! LATT is collaborating with the Mozilla Foundation to use the TXPOST standards as well as the Mozilla digital and web literacy standards to identify programs that are implementing innovative ideas to support learning. Some teams may even be able to take their idea to MozFest in London and represent the Austin area at this international event.
There will be a panel of judges from different sectors hearing the pitches. We will also have live music and free beer for donors. There is also a food trailer at the event. On May 1st, look for a link to donate $25 and be eligible to get a wrist band for free beer at the event.
Pitch proposals will be submitted and reviewed in April. The top pitches (approx. 7-8) will be selected and notified by May 1st and be entered for judging at the event.
6:00-6:30 Sign in /Arrival
6:30-8:00 Pitch to Judges
8:00-8:45 Band: Big State
8:45-9:00 Announce the winners!
- April 10th: Application link and instructions to pitch will be sent out to the network.
- Click here to submit to your Pitch proposals: https://goo.gl/forms/Mcf3Y6pgRYDoirNz2
- April 26th: Application window closes.
- May 1st: Notification if you have been selected to pitch at the event or your team is an alternate.
- May 8th: Teams must confirm they will be at the event to pitch or lose their spot to an alternate team.
- June 1st: Pitch and Pitchers Event!!!